Monday, May 10, 2010

Is it better to get kind of short acrylic(fake) nails or just color them?

i mean, i like coloring them, but i wanna get fake nails! i really don't know :PIs it better to get kind of short acrylic(fake) nails or just color them?
I'm a nail tech.





acrylic nails are great and versatile.


gels are good if you live in a cool temperatured area.





colored acrylic is even more fun too!


=)Is it better to get kind of short acrylic(fake) nails or just color them?
I depends on your preference, I tend to like to get my nails done because they sometimes look more polished, where as fake nails sometimes are very obvious, and I know some people ( I do not share this opinion) who would say that fake nails just aren't classy, and rather cheap. However I like fake nails so I usually don't listen to what they have to say.
Listen to me. I bit my nails from shortly after birth until I was about 25. I got fake nails (this was back in the early 1980s) and kept them on for about a year or so having to pay every time they were filled in because if you don't they look gross. One day, I got tired of paying for them and let them pop off. Underneath I had gorgeous nails and only had to put them back on once.


HOWEVER--that was me and that was over twenty five years ago. I, thank GOD, never got an infection. My nieces however and their mother my sister have gotten bad infections and I am amazed they still have fingernails.


Unless you have no nails or bloody stumps like I did, if your own nails are fairly nice, just color them. I don't think anybody regulates how clean nail salons are, and if they do, believe me, nobody is obeying those rules.


Save your money and buy something better for yourself. Besides, back then, not that many people were getting acrylic nails like today. Do you really want to put your fingers into water/alcohol whatever else so many people you do not know already have? Germworld baby.
If you have good natural nails then I would look after them with good quality base coat %26amp; nice polish. Take some vitamin 'e' /gelatine capsules.





I have had acrylic nails for 26 yrs, initially it was to stop me fr biting my nails. My natural nails were wrecked fr nail biting %26amp; had ridges etc. So I have just kept the acrylic up. I feel 'naked' without them now. But I generally keep them short with a french polish except for special occasions, like Xmas where I love wearing red polish.





Do what ever you want to, but acrylic nails do damage your natural nails %26amp; take a fair amount of upkeep not to mention cash.
I personally use to get fake nails all the time and loved the way they looked but i hated how much damage they did to my natural nail and now i just grow my nails and get them painted it is actually cheaper in the long run if u get manicures and keep care of ur natural nail and it will look better in the long run ... but some ppl just like false nails me personally would just paint my natural nail or treat urself to a manicure :)
Fake nails, ruin your real ones. Horribly.





They feel so gross after they come off, and you have to keep doing them over and over. I regret it so much, cause my nails are so thin......





Dont get them, keep em natural, plus they are harder to work with.....














JILL: like totally do you think it will totally be like totally cool do totally do that????
i love acrylic nails, but they are very damaging to your real nails. they are hard to get off, and usually leave you real nails weak and peeling. but i do not have nice natural finger nails, so acrylic are perfect for me! just know that they hurt when they come off.
Acrylics keep paint on them longer, but they hold lots of bacteria underneath them, so if you get them, get them really short :)
i do both because i like just coloring them too but sometimes i want fake ones... u should try the fake ones and compare them to the colored ones, i prefer fake
just paint your nails and take daily vitamins that includes vit E. acyclic actually ruins your nails.
Fake nails ruin your nails!
oh my god i like totally know how you feel. why don't you try them both?! like totally? it would be like totally awesome!
real nails are so much better

No comments:

Post a Comment